We are always concerned with assuring the privacy of all data we receive and process for our clients, wherever they are in the world.
We work to ensure the privacy of all data we receive and process for our clients, wherever they are in the world.
To achieve compliance with the European Union Privacy Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), including as implemented via EU members’ national legislation, GlobeTax participates in and adheres to the European Commission and the U.S. Department of Commerce’s EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework for personal information transferred from the European Union transferred in reliance thereon. Details of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework may be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/
GlobeTax also participates in and adheres to the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the Switzerland to the United States. GlobeTax has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. Details of the Swiss Privacy Shield Framework may be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/
In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, Globe Tax Services Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Globe Tax Services, Inc. at:
Globe Tax Services, Inc.
One New York Plaza, 34th Floor
New York, NY, 10004
Attn: Relationship Management
Globe Tax Services, Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to Jams Mediation and Arbitrators, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of Jams Mediation and Arbitrators are provided at no cost to you.
In accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the EU and Switzerland to the United States. GlobeTax has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to both Privacy Shield Principles as applicable. Details of the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield Framework may be found here: https://privacyshield.gov/. GlobeTax hereby gives the following notices. The same notices, except as not applicable, are given in accordance with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
- GlobeTax participates in the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. GlobeTax’s inclusion on the Privacy Shield List may be found here: https://privacyshield.gov/list.
- The types of information we collect include information reasonably adequate, relevant, and not excessive to allow us to perform the services for which we have been engaged.
- GlobeTax commits to be subject to the Principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield for all personal data received from the European Union reliance on the EU-U.S. Privacy or from Switzerland on reliance on the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
- GlobeTax collects information for the purpose of performing the services for which it is engaged that its evaluation of those services.
- Inquiries or complaints regarding privacy issues may be addressed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure the security of information, GlobeTax may require certain inquiries and requests to be in writing and/or certified as it may direct.
- GlobeTax only discloses personal information as required to perform the services for which it has been engaged, including to applicable tax authorities and their agents.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data. To ensure the security of information, GlobeTax may require certain inquiries and requests to be in writing and/or certified as it may direct.
- Individuals may limit the use and disclosure of their personal data via their decision to engage GlobeTax and/or the party that engages GlobeTax on their behalf.
- For purposes of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, the independent dispute resolution body designated to address complaints and provide appropriate recourse free of charge to the individual is JAMS pursuant to their JAMS EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Program(s). The same will apply with respect to matter arising under the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Program, except that the fees will be allocated to the losing party in such dispute.
- GlobeTax agrees to be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Individuals may invoke binding arbitration in the event of a dispute hereunder that is not resolved in accordance with the above-specified dispute resolution mechanism. Arbitrations may be on an individual, not class, basis only and must relate to a specific, non-theoretical dispute, for which a remedy actually exists.
- GlobeTax may disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- GlobeTax’s liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties done properly in the course of its performance services will be zero and in all other cases will be limited to the individual’s actual damages, but not more than $1,000.
- Individual non-public information (NPI) is used solely for the purpose contracted for with the individual or through their associated financial organization. Such purpose include, but are not limited to, cross border tax reclamation of over withheld taxes and the associated processes and certifications. Such information may be disclosed to agent banks of their financial institutions, governments of the countries to which the individual is attempting to reclaim, governments for countries where the individual holds securities.
February 6, 2018