Top Five eCerts Enhancements for Issuers and Users
eCerts allows participating issuers’ global employee shareholders to easily create residency self-certifications and
other tax documents necessary for foreign withholding tax relief on dividend payments made on their employee plan
1. One Solution for All: By using eCerts employees can qualify for tax relief on their direct holdings and/or their employee plan shares no matter where they reside or where their employer is domiciled. Employees may access all necessary legal forms to apply for a Certificate of Tax Residency on the eCerts platform.
2. Shareholder Satisfaction: eCerts’ streamlined and intuitive design takes the guesswork out of complicated tax forms. Employee shareholders can easily complete forms and apply for reduced withholding tax rates resulting in lower solicitation costs to the plan sponsor and happier employees.
3. Accuracy Assurance: Backed by a team of experts with hundreds of years of tax relief experience, eCerts checks each completed application to ensure data accuracy and document validity. Audits from the issuer’s tax authority are handled quickly and accurately, leveraging the validation methodologies built into eCerts.
4. Uninterrupted Service: eCerts tracks the validity period of each tax form (usually 3 to 5 years) and contacts each user with renewal instructions to ensure uninterrupted tax relief service.
5. Engagement: GlobeTax works directly with issuers and their agents to offer several engagement options to meet the needs of global employee shareholder plans. Contact us for more information.