Associate | DCI
Position Objectives & General Responsibilities
The Associate is responsible for maintaining tax reclamation processes in coordination with the Depositaries, banks/brokers, custodians and Tax Authorities. The individual in this position is expected to communicate with said institutions and adhere to deadlines to ensure a successful outcome for clients.
Working Relationships – Reporting Structure
The Associate works with Senior Associates under the guidance of the Team Leader. The team’s, Manager or Senior Manager oversees the team. Opportunities may arise for projects assigned by the Senior VP of Depositary, CSD & Issuer Services.
Tasks and Duties
- Acquire a general understanding of dividends, investment instruments, (e.g. depositary receipts), international financial markets and our proprietary systems
- Collect, validate, enter and organize tax reclaim forms obtained from clients
- Execute and file tax reclaims with the appropriate authorities in various markets
- Monitor and update the status of tax reclaims until payment is secured
- Process payments and ensure funds are distributed to clients promptly
- Communicate with banks and brokers to educate and promote products and processes
- Verify and regularly review country-specific tax reclaim procedures
- Initiate requests for new, updated or adjusted tax tables
- Ensure that multiple stakeholders are provided the highest level of customer service
- Coordinate with other departments on interdisciplinary projects
Qualifications (Skills, Education, Training, and Experience)
- At least 1+ year of experience in Financial Services (in practice or academic) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a Bachelor’s degree
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to organize, multi-task and manage deadlines
- Highly motivated with excellent analytical skills
- Desire to innovate and improve upon processes
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to maintain professionalism with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to providing the highest level of service for client satisfaction
GlobeTax is a dynamic organization with opportunities for professional development and career growth. Associates that demonstrate initiative and innovation will receive additional opportunities for advancement.
Information Security Roles & Responsibilities
The Associate is responsible for adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to the protection of confidential data, particularly sensitive client information.